Bee Yi practises exclusively in the fields of Intellectual Property and Technology. She advises clients on the protection of their intellectual property rights and manages both local and international clients’ portfolios of trade marks, industrial designs and patents in Malaysia and other jurisdictions.
She also advises clients in the enforcement of their IP rights including anti-counterfeiting actions, seizure and rectification proceedings. On transactional matters, Bee Yi advises and assists clients to negotiate licensing agreements, branding agreements, IT contracts and other IP rights agreements. She is also regularly engaged to provide international IP owners with regulatory advice relating to the transactions.
An integral part of Bee Yi’s practice is advising on trade mark, copyright and industrial design infringement matters. She has extensive experience in opposition proceedings in various industries. Her recent instructions have been in areas of fashion, food and beverage industry and media.
Bee Yi read law at the University of West of England, United Kingdom and was called to the Bar of England and Wales by the Honourable Society of Inner Temple. She was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2008.
Recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Member of the Honourable Society of Inner Temple, London.
- Barrister-at-Law to the Bar of England and Wales.
- Member of Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA).
- Member of International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Member, Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA).
- Member, Licensing Executives Society Malaysia (LESM).